· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon mustard powder
· 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
· 1 tablespoon kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1 (4-pound) chicken, cut into eighths
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 medium onion, in 1/4-inch slices
· 1 cup fennel, in 1/4-inch slices
· 2 tart apples, unpeeled, cored and in 1/4-inch slices
· 1 cup Manischewitz Reduced Sodium All Natural Chicken Broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub over the chicken.
Heat oil, over high heat, in an ovenproof saute pan that is large enough to fit all the chicken in one layer without crowding the pan. If the pan is too small, work in batches. Brown chicken pieces about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
Add onions, fennel, and apples to the saute pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring to make sure they don’t burn.
Return chicken and any accumulated juices to the saute pan with onions, fennel, and apples; cook for 5 minutes.
Add broth and place pan in the oven. Continue cooking for 30 minutes.
Arrange chicken on a large platter. Surround chicken with onions, fennel, and apples. Pour pan juices over top.