Do you want to create a delicious and mouthwatering kosher dish that is sure to please your crowd, without having to dedicate a colossal amount of time and effort? If so, this delightful Chicken Cacciatore recipe is just what you’ve been looking for. With the addition of a simple salad or sidedish, you have prepared a wonderful low carb and low fat meal.
– 1 tablespoon olive oil.
– 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips.
– 1 red pepper & 1 green pepper. Both halved, seeded, and sliced.
– 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced.
– 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced.
– 2 medium tomatoes, diced.
– 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced.
– 2 teaspoons of tomato paste.
– ¼ cup dry white wine.
– 1 teaspoon dried basil, or 3-4 fresh leaves.
– kosher salt and pepper to taste.
Heat oil over a medium-high setting in a large, non-stick skillet. Add the chicken strips and saute on both sides for a total of six minutes. When this is complete, remove the chicken from skillet and set aside for now. Add the peppers, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic to skillet. Saute for 5 minutes, until you see the peppers beginning to soften. Return the chicken to skillet and add the tomato paste, wine, basil and seasonings. Finally, cover the dish, lower the heat and let it simmer for approximately 25 minutes.