Back then, we weren’t sure what to do when we had salmon. It’s an interesting ingredient with so much potential. Still, when cooking it, one must be very careful to not mess up! You see, cooking baked salmon can go down to the science. When you cook it too long it can taste rubbery. But when it’s undercooked, you risk getting food poisoning.
To some people, cooking kosher food can be intimidating for various of reasons. What if they prepared it incorrectly? What if they mixed meat and dairy by accident but did not realize it? Or how about cooking fish in general? What if they under-cook it? What if it is overcooked? Or worst, what if it ends up being fishy?
Fear not! We’ve come to the rescue for this classic baked salmon recipe with it’s famous partner which is the lemon! Let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
2 lbs salmon
1/2 tbsp kosher salt
1/2 tbsp ground pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly to the salmon to give it that delicious taste!
- Slice the lemon in half and squeeze in a bowl until you have 2 tbs-worth. Sprinkle the juice over the salmon.
- Place in a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with salad or rice and enjoy!