- sesame seed 2 tablespoon
- sumac 3 teaspoons (optional)
- pistachios 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- salt 1 teaspoon
- chicken breast 4 boneless and skinless
- oil 2-3 tablespoons
- telegraph cucumber 1, diced
- cherry tomatoes 1 punnet, halved
- red onion 1/2, thinly sliced
- avocado 1 firm ripe, sliced
- mint leaves 1/2 cup sliced
- lemons juice of 1 1/2
- hummus 1 cup
Preheat oven to 355 Fahrenheit
Mix sesame seeds, sumac (if using), pistachio nuts and salt together. Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally to make thin schnitzel pieces (to do this, lay a chicken breast on a chopping board and place one hand flat on top to hold it steady while you cut through with the knife in your other hand). Coat liberally in pistachio mix.
Heat oil in a large fry pan (preferably non-stick) on medium heat. Cook schnitzels in batches, for 2 – 3 minutes on each side until golden brown, then transfer to an oven dish and finish off cooking in oven for 5 minutes.
Combine all salad ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, place chicken schnitzels and salad on plates and serve with a good dollop of hummus on the side.